Compared with previous years, Zoomark 2023, which will take place from 15 to 17 May, will be the biggest edition ever, occupying a surface area of 68 000 m2 in six halls (21, 25, 26, 28, 29 and 30, plus the mall area). The show boasts an increasingly international outlook, as shown by the high number of companies from all over the world that will exhibit at the show. 70 per cent of the over 1 000 exhibitors will be from 53 different countries outside of Italy, which confirms Zoomark as the leading pet industry event in Europe in 2023.
This huge success, which also derives from numerous partnerships with prestigious international bodies, such as the US Department of Commerce and leading trade shows all over the world, is boosted by the work of Zoomark’s network of agents in a host of countries. Zoomark 2023 sees the involvement of new delegations from Greece, Thailand, Iran and Mexico, along with established ones from the USA, Canada, Great Britain, China, India, the Czech Republic and Brazil. “It is our intention to confirm Zoomark International’s role as a focal point for professionals in the pet industry to come together and do business: a genuine show experience that enables attendees to get a preview of the main innovations, explore the megatrends of the present and future, and keep up to date with all the developments in a continuously evolving market that is constantly being called on to respond rapidly to new challenges,” says Antonio Bruzzone, general manager of BolognaFiere.
Pet Vision area
One of the key features of Zoomark 2023 will be the Pet Vision area in hall 16. This showcases a selection of brand-new products to give buyers insight into the megatrends that will shape the market in the coming years, and helps generate high-value contacts between exhibitors and distributors. In conjunction with this area, the show sees a new competition devoted to the best products launched during the show. The Pet Vision Awards, which will be presented for the first time, are grouped according to five megatrends, namely:
• Value for money: products and services that offer an excellent price-to-quality ratio, with a view to facilitating consumers in a period of high inflation, without compromising on brand experience;
• Green transition: products and services that stand out for their significant level of environmental sustainability and social responsibility;
• Healthy & functional: products and services created for health and/or functional purposes, designed to fulfil specific needs and functions;
• Tailor-made: products and services that are highly specialised and customised, specially created to meet precise needs of pets or their owners.
• Spoil me more: extra-indulgent products and services that treat pets to special attention.
The winners will be chosen by an international jury of experts, independent pet industry professionals including trade journalists, distributors and veterinarians, who will select the most innovative entries in each trend category. Pet Vision Awards will go to the top three products in each of the five categories. The awards will be presented in the Pet Vision area on the second day of Zoomark on 16 May.
Some of the most popular initiatives with exhibitors and visitors during past editions have been reconfirmed for this year’s show, such as Pet Vision and the Aqua Project space.