The finalists in the Pet Vision Awards were announced shortly before the opening of international pet supplies fair Zoomark, which takes place at BolognaFiere from 15 to 17 May. The awards recognise the most innovative products exhibited at the show.
The winners will receive their awards today, Tuesday 16 May. In the Pet Vision zone at Zoomark, new products and services are presented subdivided into five mega trends that will shape the pet market of the future. An expert jury composed of journalists covering the sector internationally have selected the products and services that best interpret or anticipate the five most important market trends.
The finalists for the five mega trend categories are:
- Inside Price-Performance category, consisting of products and services offering an outstanding price-performance ratio: Belcando Baseline from BewitalPetfood, Carnie Real Meat from Borysfen Trade and MyPetStory, an app from the company My Pet Story;
- Products and services characterised by a high level of sustainability and social responsibility: PAWR's Superfoods from Pawr, Proteinsect from the Rinaldo Franco company and a “whisker-friendly slow-feeder for cats” from Ajour;
- Products and services developed for health and/or functional purposes to fulfil certain requirements and functions: CatrubONE by Petvision,cat litter with a pH detector from Shandong Ruida and Nettuno from Ferribiella;
- Highly specialised and customised products and services: DogoDrops from the company Dogoteka, Hemp Heros Nose & PawBalm by Hemp Heros and a stainless steel drinking bowl from Ningbo Yusheng Pet Products;
- Particularly indulgent products and services that pay special attention to pets: Aqua Vita from Special One, Hydra Vegan Detox Collection from the Pet Society company and Tasty Meat Paste for dog and cat from Yantai China Pet Foods.